Michigan Driver's License Suspension Lawyer Question: Michigan Secretary of State never revoked my drivers license

Home » General » Michigan Driver's License Suspension Lawyer Question: Michigan Secretary of State never revoked my drivers license

Back in Dec. 2009, I was pulled over for my 3rd DUI (OWI/drunk driving) in Michigan.  I was sentenced in 2000, to another 2nd offense OWI.  I served jail time, probation, fines and whatever else the court required.

In the meantime, I have been renewing my Michigan drivers license for over 10 years.  It shows still in a pending state at the Michigan Secretary of State (SOS) and they will only issue me a Michigan ID until its cleared up.  But, its still valid and been over ten years.

I thought the SOS, by law, is to automatically revoke my MI drivers license.  Is there a statute of limitations, if they did not take action?

I need a picture license to rent cars for my new job.  ???  What do I do???


  1. Andrew M. Canu on May 18, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

    Clearly something is wrong. Perhaps the court failed to abstract your last conviction to your master driving record at the Michigan Secretary of State, which is why your the pending DUI/OWI/ drunk driving 3rd offense from December 2009 is still listed as “pending.” It is really impossible for the Michigan driver’s license lawyers at our law firm to find the problem without obtaining a copy of your master driving record with the Michigan Secretary of State. You should really contact our office today to schedule a free consultation and let one of our driver’s license attorneys review your Michigan driving record to see why your Michigan driver’s license may be suspended or revoked now, after years renewing it without an issue.

    See, even though you are “innocent until proven guilty” in the criminal justice system, the Michigan Secretary of State issues a 625g Temporary Driving Permit while your drunk driving case is pending, which automatically appears on your Michigan driving record (and yes, this serves as a flag to any police officer who runs your driving record that you have a pending drunk driving case). What may be happening is that the Secretary of State is only showing a pending OWI/DUI charge, and no conviction, which means the only picture ID you would be eligible to obtain in Michigan is a MI ID card (since the 625g permit serves as your driver’s license).

    Again, obtain a coopy of your driving record and contact our law firm for a free consulation with one of our Michigan driver’s license experts.

    Andrew M. Canu
    Can, Torrice & Torrice, PLLC/Canu Torrice Law
    (586) 285-1700

Leave a Reply

Our Address

We are located at:

32059 Utica Road
Fraser, Michigan 48026
Phone: (586) 285-1700
Fax: (586) 285-1707

Our Hours

Our hours of operation are:


We Accept

We accept the following methods of payment: VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AMEX, CHECK, or CASH.

24/7 Service

We offer 24 hour a day 7 days per week emergency service for all of your legal needs.